UPDATE: 11:12AM SUNDAY THE 16TH. V0.04
A long night of change resulted in very little.
UPDATE: 11:30AM SATURDAY THE 15TH. V0.02
- Added 60 second time limit so you don't get stuck desperately trying to destroy the last orb.
- Fixed a bunch of bugs.
- Logo :)
- And I think it's about ready.
Some nice changes:
- You get points when destroying orbs with your tail.
- You do not get points if you hit an orb with your head, but it shrinks, and your tail grows.
- It will save your best score.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Lots of ideas and ways to make this look slick coming.....
- May add a time bonus for how quickly you clear the orbs
- Particles, explosions, etc
- A theme with real graphics, not just circles
- Lots more.
This is my LD48 compo #25 entry IN PROGRESS :)
Here's my LudumDare page
and I'm on Twitter @benmc
Ideas include removing the "lives" and going with more points for tail smashes, and less points for head smashes.
I thought about a 60 second mode too, but not sure.
I also am thinking of creating a larger orbin to move about in.
Going to add a theme as well, not just colored orbs. Ultimately you are a space alien snake thing that destroys planets.
Need a goat floating around in there somewhere.
Particles and glow.
Sounds and music would be sweet.
Cool star-filled background maybe, possibly with some kind of paralax thing going on with a galaxy in the distance.